1. Troops are back in Italy.
2. Florida's Governor's Medal of Merit: Florida joins other states in providing medal for service men and women. Governor's Medal of Merit to a resident of this state who has rendered exceptional meritorious service or who is serving, or who has been honorably discharged from service, in the United States Armed Forces. For more information see Senate Bill sb1364er at; http://www.flsenate.gov
3. Rose Coins; SOLD OUT AGAIN!
4. Reunion registration moving along well, get your in before the rush! http://www.173rdairborne.com/reunion2004registration.htm
5. Golfers Tournament, at the Reunion 2004, Cost $60 a golfer, 3 prizes, contest at LPGA Course
6. MEDIC COIN: now finally a coin to thank all those medic that took care of us. pre order it now, coin will ship in appox 6 week.
7. Reunion Hotel 99% sold out, I am now looking at back up hotels and will list them shortly. Please consider the B&B listed below. http://www.173rdairborne.com/reunion2004-hotel.htm
8. B&B in Daytona; If you are planning to attend the Reunion in July and rather stay at a Bed & Breakfast. We have one run by a fellow Sky Soldiers (3rd Batt) and he offers a Special Sky Soldiers rate; Check it out at; http://www.lilianplace.com/
The site (173rdAirborne.com) and this newsletter (HERDWORD) is in no away affiliated with the 173d Airborne Brigade in Vicenza, Italy or the Society of the 173d Airborne Brigade. It is however just what it says...dedicated to all Sky Soldiers by honoring the past, supporting the present and encouraging the future. We all are Brothers (& Sisters), whether we served in Okinawa, Vietnam, Ft. Campbell, Italy or Iraq.
This page best viewed in 600 x 800 screen size and last updated on 10/01/04
Page views as of 2 May 2004